Hi all, If you are working with any WordPress website, your client must be talking about the mobile version of the website, Because today people are getting more used to with Mobile surfing. And it is getting essential now that your website must be Supported on that Mobile device (cellphone/tablet pc).
I have a good news for WordPress based websites , A plugin has been launched recently for Making your site Mobile Supported, called WordPress Mobile Pack .
The WordPress Mobile Pack is a complete toolkit to help mobilize your WordPress site and blog.
It includes a mobile switcher to select themes based on the type of user that is visiting the site, a selection of mobile themes, extra widgets, device adaptation and a mobile administration panel to allow users to edit the site or write new posts when out and about.
The pack has been tested on WordPress 2.5.1, 2.6.5, 2.7.1, 2.8.6, 2.9.2, and 3.0. It has been tested on WordPress MU 2.6 in the ‘plugins’, rather than ‘mu_plugins’, mode. PHP 5.x is also highly recommended, although the plugin also works with PHP 4.3.
Following are some of the features of the plugin, that you must be fond of, Have a look over it –
- A mobile switcher which automatically suggests desktop or mobile presentation, but lets users switch to the other if required (and remembers their choice).
- A standard mobile theme, crafted by ribot, a top UK mobile design team.
- A set of advanced themes for Nokia and WebKit devices, designed by Forum Nokia. These also look beautiful on Android, iPhone and Palm devices.
- Custom color variations demonstrating how the themes can be easily tinted with CSS.
- Standards adherence, ensuring that mark-up is valid XHTML-MP 1 and the site scores 5 on mobiReady.
- Device adaptation, including the rescaling of images, intelligent splitting of articles and posts into multiple pages, the simplifaction styles, and the removal of non-supported media.
- A mobile admin panel, that allows the blog managers to access the admin interface via a mobile device, with simplified access to the most common features such as editing a post or approving comments.
- A mobile ad widget to easily enable mobile ads with AdMob or Google’s Mobile Adsense.
- Mobile analytics, allowing you to track your mobile traffic with Percent Mobile, and view simple local traffic tallies.
- A barcode widget which adds a barcode to your desktop site so that devices with a suitable reader can quickly bookmark your mobile site, or deep link within it.
- Automatic listing on mpexo, making it easier for users to discover that you have a mobile-friendly site. (NB: you can enable the mpexo listing in the ‘Settings’ dashboard menu.)
So if you really like it you can Download the plugin from Here and do enjoy with the WordPress Site you have – Let me know by comments if you found this useful -Thanks 🙂
mobile, plugin, wordpress
You might want to get through