External hard drives may not be the vital part of your PC but it is possibly the major part of your life. It’s happened to everyone. You drag some files to your Recycle Bin, and not thinking you empty the bin. Your important documents were in there! All may seem lost, but there are programs available that can potentially recover those files from you.
This is so because it may contain every digital image captured, your music collections, your favorite movies and all games and programs of your choice. Removable hard drives are No. 1 choice of everyone also because it is portable and capable to store large data and transfer the same from one place to another. In case that hard drive is accidently deleted or stopped working, it is even worse than losing money. So we need some way of deleted file recovery. In addition to that, files can be deleted from external hard drives due to other reasons like –
Reasons for Data Loss from External Hard Drive
- Sometimes important data is erased from your external drive by you in place of unwanted file when it is connected to your PC
- Your external hard drive is infected by Trojan horse, Worm and other viruses and these viruses have removed certain folders or files.
- Improper handling of external drive also causes data loss. Using the same drive on Mac and Windows or sudden removal of hard drive from system while moving or copying files can also delete certain files
- Other possible reasons like sudden power cut, improper handling, hardware malfunction and application error are also responsible for loss of data.
Now lets look at the Deleted File Recovery options –
- Boot your system as you do always but by connecting external hard drive.
- Download and install a freeware hard drive recovery tool on your system. Don’t move or copy any file on external hard drive until you recover your lose file, or it will overwrite your important data.
- Launch the program. If files are accidently deleted on the external drive, click on the option ‘Deleted Files Recovery’. If your hard drive is accidently formatted or data is corrupted due to system crash, then click on ‘Lost Data Recovery’. Click on ‘Locate lost volume’ if you can’t access your hard drive or can’t locate the drive letter at all.
- Select physical or logical hard drive that you think it must have lost data. Physical hard drive is a complete hard disk and logical drive is a virtual drive or partition. Some logical drives are categorized into different partitions.
- Scan for the data by clicking on green check. It will preview all the scanned files on main interface from where you can select your data and recover it on your system. According to the health of external drive, data can be reinstalled.
- Send all the defective hard drives to hard disk repair shop. If any kind of mechanical issue is detected in hard drive, all you have to send the same to a repair expert to repair that hard drive.
Enjoy friends and do not forget to follow and subscribe us for more updates, Stay tuned.
You might want to get through